Each of my Hatha Yoga classes in York is unique, directed to meet the needs, strengths and potential of the people attending. Everyone, every body is welcome. Young, old, tall, short, big, small – all welcome. Yoga helps and invigorates everyone. One and a half hours to substantially improve your life.
- Monday 7 – 8.30 pm Beginners and Improvers at the Music Dept, York Uni Nov 27 and Dec 4
- Limited to 16 people – class is currently full
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07875 209546 to join the waiting list.
- £36/24 (concessions) for 5 weeks
- The Sustainable Centre, Derwenthorpe. YO10 3NP on Dec 11 and then its time for our Yuletide break.
- Tuesday 6.15 – 7.45 pm Progressing, however beginners are always welcome.
- Intermediate to experienced yoga students developing practice.
- Beginner students are very welcome to join us – we don’t bite. Much. We were all beginners once. And in some ways still are.
- The Melbourne Centre, Escrick St, Fishergate. York. YO10 4AW
- £36/24 (concessions) for 5 weeks or £8.50/6 per session.
Prices rising in the New Year to £9/6 for drop in classes, £45/30 for a block of 6 weeks
Please contact me if you cannot afford classes – Yoga is for everyone. email@example.com
We all have our strengths and weaknesses, flexible in some parts, stiffer in others. Yoga is self practice, totally non competitive. The journey is watching yourself improve – physically, mentally and emotionally. I like to encourage partner work as this helps the body relax and tone much more quickly. It also helps create a happy, relaxed atmosphere in a yoga class – a spirit of community and support. Of course, like everything in the class, partner work is optional – other choices are always given and taken. The more we relax together the deeper we can release into yoga nidra at the end of the yoga class where deep healing can happen.
‘Sonia is a brilliant yoga teacher, very focused and informative. Her classes are always friendly and fun to be in.’
‘I first looked to yoga to help with a recurring back issue and problems with my pelvis. Sonia has looked after me from the beginning, tutoring me on how to take it easy in her yoga classes, ensuring that I listened to my body and only did what was right for me.’
‘I’ve been learning yoga with Sonia for nearly 5 years. More than any other teacher I have ever had Sonia concentrates on explaining the postures very clearly and manually adjusting you where necessary so you get the most benefit from the class. Her yoga classes are fun and very stimulating and I would recommend them to anyone. Sonia really cares about her students.’
‘Sonia is an excellent teacher with a great sense of humour, inclusive and welcoming to everybody, no matter how experienced or inexperienced they are. She always works on an individual basis and will tailor the session depending on people and their abilities. Her warmth and encouraging attitude are extremely beneficial – highly recommended!’
‘Sonia is a brilliant, sensitive, inspired, funny, spiritual, intuitive teacher. You’re in safe hands.’
‘As an experienced student I enjoy her classes and found them to increase my understanding.’
‘I’ve been attending Sonia’s yoga classes for a number of years now. Her grounded, friendly approach focusing on natural core strength to support classical postures has always worked well for me. Her use of breath work (pranayama), relaxation, humour and seasonal rhythms scattered with spiritual wisdom creates a wonderful space in which to relax, expand and grow.’
‘I love my yoga classes and really look forward to them every week. Some time for me.’